Currently we are supporting two orphanages in Goma town. Visitors are encouraged to give a helping hand by saving just a few kilos of space in their suitcase and bring goods for the orphanages we support; it allows them to make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families.
What is useful for orphanages?
- PPE equipment (masks and hand sanitizer)
- Library Books (reference books, novels, children’s story books) (preferably in French)
- Boys shorts (age 2 to adults)
- Boys/Girls Jeans (age 2 to adults)
- Shoes (boys/girls)
- Jackets or rain-coats
- Craft supplies (scissors, colored pencils, stationary, stickers… etc.)
- Board games
- Toys (dolls, cars… etc.)
- School bags
- Stationary kits
- Blue and black pens
- Belts (especially boys age 6-18)
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, hair oil… etc.)
We also provide flour products to the orphanages. With a donation of 10$ and above, a traveler may contribute for the nutrition of the orphans.